SimplyBox is a free service that allows you to visually capture any part of a web page. As you collect items that you captured, you organize them in boxes. You can then share these items or boxes with friends, colleagues, … the world. The result is: efficient and visual collaboration around content. They call it “content networking.” (Source)
- Collect only the parts from a web page that you want.
- Write your notes/comments on the content you found.
- Have a direct link back to the sites each of your items were collected from.
- Collect into a box useful content from the web and add your comments to it.
- Share the box with your students, even if they are not SimplyBox users.
- The students can add their comments and content.
Connecting Beyond the Classroom
- Create boxes with content related to the different topics you teach.
- Exchange the boxes with other teachers (even if in different schools!.
- Have them help you find more content and engage their classes in the discussion.