Talking Ed. with My Son
Episode 001 (View entire series)
Our oldest son’s class used Playdough to model the land formations about which they have been learning. He loved this hands-on project! Here’s a quick tour of the geographic landscape that he created (via iPhone video).
Here are some quick thoughts regarding this activity.
- Our son said everyone in the class really had fun with this project.
- This is an inexpensive way to encourage kinesthetic learning.
- An activity like this could potentially move beyond knowledge and comprehension and into some of the higher-order thinking skills such as application.
- I’m predicting that the students are more likely to retain this information as a result of the hands-on application.
- You don’t always have to teach with technology. As I always say, “It’s not about the technology. It’s about the learning.”
Landforms Image: https://cdn.thinglink.me