NOTE: I’m suggesting this as an afternoon session during today’s SocialCamp Memphis. It’s just a suggestion and we’ll see what comes of it. If you like this idea post 1+ of your stickers next to the Web 2.0 Smackdown session on the giant paper outside of Room 1.
There are an ever growing number of great Web 2.0 technologies and services these days. Even with RSS subscriptions to TechCrunch, ReadWriteWeb, Feedmyapp, etc. it’s difficult to be aware of all the great stuff that’s out there. However, collectively we are familiar with a large number of useful resources. These kinds of technologies commonly have very low learning curves and can be described and understood in minutes.
I’m suggesting that we take advantage of all the distributed knowledge at Social Camp Memphis and have a gigantic session of speed demos (3 minute show and tells) and learn about some of the best resources out there. Let’s have a Web 2.0 Smackdown!
Are you unfamiliar with a Web 2.0 Smackdown? No worries, most people are. Let me explain…
Rules and Organization
- Choose your favorite Web 2.0 tool or social technology and be willing to quickly demo it for the group.
- Each demo is allowed a maximum 3 minutes. Finish in under the time limit or face the Smackdown!
- Warning: This is fast and violent — Thus the term SMACKDOWN!!!! The goal is to involve as many people as possible and learn about as many new resources as possible.
- Use the form below to submit your information to be included in the Web 2.0 Smackdown. Note that you will present in the order in which your submission is received.
- The summary of topics and presenters will be generated on the Smackdown Wiki. You’re encouraged to post notes, resources, media, etc. related to this session there, too.
SocialCamp Memphis Tag: #socialmem