As I’m sure you’ve noticed, I spent the winter break with my family and took a break from work. I pretty much unplugged (from email, blog, twitting, etc.) for the duration of the break. I’ve never really unplugged before and I’m surprised how much I enjoyed it. Of course, I’ll be catching up for a while, but it was well worth it. Anyway, that explains all the silence here on the blog.
Here are some notes to help us catch up.
- Our presentation proposal for NECC was accepted. I’m very excited about attending this year’s conference.
- Merry Christmas – We celebrated 4 different times. That’s actually a low number for us.
- Benazir Bhutto was assassinated. I heard her speak once and was impressed.
- The Bulldogs won in the Liberty Bowl. The SEC went 7-2 in bowl games and even captured the national championship.
- Happy New Year – I remember ringing in 2000 just like it was yesterday. I can NOT believe it is already 2008!!!
- Each of us in our family made resolutions for 2008. Did you?
- A line of tornadoes ripped across Central and North Central Mississippi. One tornado in particular tore through the little community of Caledonia. You can read about the devastation and recovery efforts here and here.
- The Cowboys, Titans and Colts have all lost. I don’t really care who wins now as long as it’s NOT the Patriots.
- Our new semester begins today. I’m excited about the courses I’m teaching.
- The Australian Open has gotten underway. I’m pulling for Djokovic and Davenport, but predicting that Federer and Henin will win.
- The Bulldogs are now 2-0 in the SEC. Tomorrow night’s game against Kentucky will be on ESPN.