I’ll be updating this post throughout the day to alert you of things happening here at EBC San Antonio. The full list of sessions is here. I’ll be sharing information form the sessions that I’m attending. The session titles are in bold.
Social Networking for Professional Development
Scott Merrick is sitting next to me and streaming this discussion live.
- Should it be organized or self-forming?
- Should the tool(s) be dictated?
Social Networking in the Classroom
Vicki Davis is sitting by me and is streaming this seession here.
- Teachers in the room are using Ning, Elgg, and several private online communities.
- Julie Lindsay and Vicki Davis updated us about the Flat Classroom and the Horizon Project.
- How important are digital citizenship and pedagogy in these decisions?
- If someone says a curse word in the classroom do we close the school? If there’s a fight at recess do we quit having recess? Why do we over react to these problems in online spaces?