I’ve written posts encouraging educators to get students actively involved in service education. I’ve shared the rationale for implementing service activities in the classroom and suggested some resources to help us get started.
Your feedback and encouragement back in 2007 prompted me to take this a step further. Rather than simply encouraging teachers (in general) to do this I’m now challenging you (specifically you) to start a service activity in your classroom. 🙂
The holiday season is upon us, so I think it’s a great time to talk about service and initiate a project with your students.
Here’s THE CHALLENGE.
- Kick-off a service activity in your classroom.
- Make us aware of your project.
- I’ve dedicated a new section of the blog to this activity and added a permanent link titled The Challenge to the main menu. This allows us to to share information, photos, videos, and provide links to personal/ class blogs, wikis, websites, etc. where we can learn about each other’s projects and share resources and ideas. You can post your information by:
- Let’s use The Challenge area, Twitter, Plurk, Skype, etc. to provide updates by which we (including our students) can all follow each other’s progress.
- Please tag all related materials and resources with thechallenge
Let’s make the world a better place. I CHALLENGE YOU!!! 🙂
Here are some great resources to help you get started.
Event Tag: thechallenge